Monday, August 10, 2009

Patolya – Aromatic leaf cakes.

From my Konkan visit I brought back a few turmeric leaves and recipe for Patolya. Yesterday was Sankashti Chaturthi so I decided to make Patolya for Prasad.
I used turmeric leaves in cooking for the first time in my life. And I just fell in love with the aroma it releases while steaming.
Next, I am going to try steaming fish in these leaves.
Recipe -
For filling:
½ cup of fresh grated coconut
1/3 cup of jaggery
Put both in kadai and stir till jaggery is desolved and whole thing becomes dry.

For cover:
Soak rice for 2 hours. Grind with some salt.

Arranging Patolya:
Open the leaf then spread the dough made for cover and then spread the filling.
It will look like this.

Then fold them in the middle. And steam for 15 mins.


Enjoy the aroma in the kitchen. After steaming they will look like this.


Now remove the leaves and enjoy Patolya with ghee.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

he sagale karun ghalshil ka khayala...