Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 3 –Pyazkali


Pyazkali (Spring onions with flower buds) is a rare and very seasonal vegetable. Luckily, we get many such vegetables here. I have this habit of buying every new vegetable that comes by. When I saw these on my vendors cart I instantly fell in love with them. These beauties look so fresh and tender. I bought them without a clue about how to cook. But I have my sources. I asked a neighbour who happens to be a Bengali lady about how to cook them as she was buying the whole bunch. She said I cook it with mach (fish). So no use for me. Then I turned to Google. But this vegetable is indeed a rare one. Usually when you search for some recipe you get thousands but this time I could find its references in only one or two websites.
Finally I cooked them with potatoes without adding any spice, safest way I guess. It turned out to be good. I am happy.

No comments: